The Old Coach House is situated approximately three miles north the City of Ripon. Standing in the grounds of North Stainley Hall, this 18th century coaching house sits on the edge of North Stainley Village in open countryside. There is good and easy access from the A6108 with ample parking close to the guest rooms. There are eight rooms in total, four on the ground floor (two single and two doubles) and four on the first floor all doubles (twin option on two of the rooms).
From the parking area to the rooms are all on the same level with good access to the ground floor rooms and breakfast room. There is a relaxing garden and patio area to the property. The breakfast room is adjacent to the guest rooms also over looking the garden. The ground floor rooms have a modern and contemporary feel whilst upstairs original oak beams give that feeling of staying in a rustic, character property.
- We are located on the A6108 there is a local bus service operating hourly throughout the day into Ripon (3 miles away) last bus to North Stainley is early evening. The bus stop is approximately 250yds from the guesthouse
- There is a local garage and village shop less than 100 mts away, although the shop only offers a limited stock range and newspapers it is with in very easy walking distance.
- The Staveley Arms public house is immediately opposite the guesthouse serving lunchtime and evening meals every night throughout the summer but hours can vary in the winter.
- The nearest railway stations are Thirsk (14miles) Harrogate (16 miles) bus links to Ripon are available from Harrogate but Thirsk is not a regular service and a taxi may be an easier option.
- There are several local taxi firms in Ripon and surrounding area.
- We only allow assistant dogs provided they are well behaved.
- We are unable to offer evening meal although there are plenty of eateries locally.
- Our brochure and website www.oldcoachhouse.info provide pictures of our accommodation plus further information about the local area and surroundings, facilities and services we provide.
- You can contact us by email, text, or fax. Please see our contact details
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your time of arrival so we may be there to greet you. Our normal check in is between 3.30pm to 6.30pm unless pre-arranged.
- Off road parking is provided with good lighting. The parking bays are clearly marked. The road and parking area surface is graveled and this leads to the courtyard area where the pathways are sets and flagstones.
- There are four steps in total down to the check in area.
- Please do not bring luggage to the reception area only your method of payment is required. We are able to assist you with your luggage on request. The rooms are on the same level as the parking area.
- You are required to complete a welcome form and to pay for your room at the time you check in. We will happily help you should you require assistance.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Reception is a short distance from the car park. There are four steps down to the reception area. You can avoid the steps by going back down the road in which you came and in through the garden gate at the side of the managers house.
- Check in is in the conservatory, through two doors (30 inches / 765mm) the doors have sills.
- The first door is always open, there is a doorbell on the left hand side please press for attention.
- In the unlikely circumstance we are not there you will find a number you can contact us on posted in the entrance (may apply if you have arrived earlier than anticipated).
Public Areas - General ( Internal )
- The guest rooms are near the car park, the building is split into two "The Moors" rooms and "The Dales” rooms. There is a door on either side of the building, which in turn lead to four rooms each side. The two sides of the building mirror each other in size and layout.
- On the ground floor there is a small reception lobby that leads to a double and single room; there are no steps, although there is a sill on the external door. The external door and internal door measurements are 30.5 inches / 775mms wide.
- The ground floor rooms have oak effect flooring with under floor heating and tiled shower rooms. The double room being the most spacious in every way.
- There are 13 stairs to the first floor and two further double / twin rooms. There is a handrail on both sides of the stairs.
- The stairs and first floor are carpeted whilst the bathrooms are tiled.
Public Areas - WC
- The breakfast room is adjacent to the guest rooms and on the same level as the ground floor. The door into the breakfast room measures 37 inches / 940mms.
- The flooring is solid oak with plenty of room between the tables.
- There is a selection of books and magazines on the local area.
- We do not have a lounge area but there is a patio area outside with seating available.
- All the rooms are en-suite but there are no public toilets available.
- The breakfast room is only open from breakfast until 10am.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- There are no steps into the breakfast room.
- The furniture is flexible and can be moved upon request.
- The tables are square and have legs at each corner, the under space between the legs is 21 inches / 530mms wide and 24 inches / 610mms high.
- There are chairs with or without arms that can be moved to accommodate individual needs.
- Menus are provided in bold large print and our staff are on hand to assist you with your order.
- There is a good choice of menu to suit all tastes, although we are very proud of our famous "Wensley Dale English Breakfast" for which we use local produce.
- There are plenty of books available on the local area and magazines to choose from in the breakfast room, you are more than welcome to take them to your room.
- There is a radio in the breakfast room that provides background music.
- The Old Coach House is unable to provide evening meals but there are plenty of eateries locally. The Staveley Arms is immediately opposite and has good access with ramped steps.
- There is no lounge area for our guests at The Old Coach House.
- The Old Coach House can provide a laundry service. Prices are found in the information booklet in your bedroom. There is also an iron available to guests free of charge.
- Not Available although alcoholic beverages are available from The Staveley Arms
- There are local facilities available in Ripon ( 4 miles ), Harrogate ( 18 miles ) and Bedale ( 9 miles ). Offering swimming, sauna, gym, health and beauty treatment etc.
- Gold, fishing, tennis, and horse riding etc is all available locally.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- Not Available on site although Lightwater Valley Attractions a local business near by can provide well equipped rooms of all sizes.
- The accommodation on the ground floor consists of two Super Deluxe double and two single rooms. Both double rooms have a Wet Room shower area, King size luxurious bed, 32 inch wall mounted flat screen TV, Oak flooring with under floor heating, central heating, safe, hair dryer, refrigerator, telephone, tea and coffee facilities and are a good size room. The door to the bathroom is 32 inches / 830mm providing good access.
- The singles have step in shower, single luxurious bed, 26 inch wall mounted TV, Oak flooring with under floor heating, central heating, safe, hair dryer, refrigerator, telephone, tea and coffee facilities again a good size for single occupancy. (The refrigerator and TV are situated 1.5mts from the floor). The door to the bathroom is 26 inches / 680mm much small than the double rooms.
- On the first floor there are two Super Deluxe double rooms and two Deluxe double rooms.
- Both the Super Deluxe rooms are carpeted, have a luxurious Super King size bed, which can be made into twin beds. Both rooms have a bath with over shower, under floor heating in the bathroom and the same facilities / furnishing as the ground floor rooms. The door into the bathroom is 29 inches / 760mm. These two rooms are the most spacious.
- The Deluxe double rooms are again carpeted, Have a luxurious king size bed, a step in shower room and all the additional facilities of the other rooms. The door into the bathroom is 26 inches / 680mm.
- The Deluxe room is less spacious than the other rooms making it a little tighter for space.
- All the first floor rooms have the original oak beams running through them bringing out the real character of the building.
- The Super Deluxe rooms have handrails in the bath and shower areas and non-slip bath mats are available.
- All our rooms have ample wardrobe space, chest of draws and bedside cabinet with lamp. There is also a table and barrel style wicker seat with cushion (one per person per room) in each room.
- None of the rooms have grab rails or support rails either side of the toilet for assistance.
Grounds And Gardens
- The gardens are mainly down to lawn with pathways lined with Lavender attracting bees in the summer. The main feature of the garden is the fountain and patio area where you can relax in the privacy and tranquility of the courtyard area.
- The Old Coach House opened in July 2007 but has already been awarded a 5 Star rating and silver award in 2008. Popularity is growing fast and you are advised to book early to save disappointment.
The Old Coach House,
Telephone: 01765 634900 Mobile: 07912 632296
Fax: 01765 635352
- We have wireless internet access in the reception area for guests to use and have asked The Staveley Arms to provide an off license facility for our guests who may wish to relax and enjoy a drink in their rooms or the garden on an evening.